Sunday 28 April 2013

Revision Folder - AS Exams!

Greetings humans! Welcome to my first blog post on here, where I shall be discussing my love of stationery and all things organisational. In case you're unaware, I also have two youtube channels: a chatty, informal one (with the same name as this blog) and one where I (will be) discuss(ing) politics and religion, because I sure know how to provoke the internet! (New videos once the exams are over, I promise!)


Anyhow, I'd best get on with this. My AS exams start in a couple of weeks and since January I've had some sort of revision folder going on. I've finally settled on using this: a Staples Better Binder in Lime Green. Although a little pricey, and considering my lack of a four-hole punch rather fiddly, it is certainly as durable as it is claimed to be. A feature I love on this, as opposed to my usual WHSmith polypro ringbinders that I use for my schoolwork, is the clear plastic pocket on the front, perfect for placing misspelt phrases in Comic Sans at the front to make your teachers grimace. 



In case you're interested, here's how much revision I've done; the folder is almost full (but bear in mind there's a bulky file at the back holding plain paper and suchlike). 


The first thing to be found inside the folder is a pad of sticky notes. I can't remember where I got these from, but any good stationery shop will sell the ones with holes in that can be put into folders. My favourites are the arrows, since they're great to use as mini-dividers.



Inside, I have used plain paper dividers (10) from WHSmith. I use plastic dividers in my school folders for durability, but these aren't continuously being moved about for a whole year so this isn't an issue. On each tab I have written which side of the course they're for - here, you can see my GOVP2 (the second Government & Politics paper) and History tabs. 


 Next, how I write my revision notes. This varies, and as I know I'm a visual/read/write learner I sometimes make my notes in fancy coloured pens (I re-write all my notes to revise, by the way). An example of this is my Voting Behaviour revision:


 However, I am an incredibly lazy individual and usually just write in black pen. Nevertheless, I consistently write in some kind of outlining format, since my brain works better in lists than all-over-the-place. As it gets even closer to the exams, I'll probably highlight/annotate these notes in colour.


Finally, many of my teachers kindly supply us with revision guides, and I put these in plastic pockets at the back of my folder. I would put them in their relevant dividers but they're wider than them so NO. 


So there you go, my first blog post. I hope you enjoyed it - I shall try and post again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment