Saturday 1 March 2014

February Favourites

Greetings humans!

I can't believe another month has passed already -  we're 1/6th of the way through 2014 and in less than four more of those little chunks of my life I'll hopefully have moved away to start uni (yes, I know I go on about this a lot but it's UNIVERSITY I mean I swear I should still be studying for my GCSEs my life is going by TOO QUICKLY etc etc etc).

Large, Lined Post-it Notes


One of the most dangerous things about stationery stores is that they usually pop up near where I meet up with my friends. One of the other dangerous things about stationery stores is that they sometimes have three-for-two offers on post-it notes, and I have no willpower. Even though they were an impulse buy, these sticky notes have been so useful for General Life Things. Aside from to-do lists and other such items, I've found them handy for planning areas of essays which I find particularly tough, or for making revision plans. I've not used Post-It brand sticky notes for a while and I'd forgotten how good they were! 


The 'Inspector Barnaby' Series by Caroline Graham


These are books I've been wanting to read for a long time; in case you haven't guessed from their titles (which to be fair, you probably haven't), these are the novels that the television programme Midsomer Murders is based on. I accidentally began reading them in the wrong order, and one of the books is not available on Kindle, but despite this I'm thoroughly enjoying them. It's probably also worth mentioning that I'm currently working my way through all of the Poirot books, too. (Yes, I'm one of those people)

Word Games - Lisbee Stainton



Since coming out on the 4th November last year, Word Games has been pretty much on repeat on my iPod. I first discovered Lisbee's music in 2010, and she continues to be one of my favourite artists. The best way to describe her music is probably something like 'folk-pop', with the former certainly coming across very strongly on this album. This is unsurprising considering Seth Lakeman has both co-writing and vocal credits, and this record is definitely her best yet. I've just listed all of my favourite songs and realised I'd listed the entire track list... *dances*

So, they're my favourite things from this past month. I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment