Monday 28 April 2014

A Level Revision - Time Management

Greetings humans!

Firstly, I'd like to announce that it's officially been one year since I started this blog! How exciting is that? Right? Anyway, I'm hoping this year I can improve it and turn it into something bigger and better. Thank you for reading!



Summer exams. It's that time of year again. How am I coping? With three concurrent action plans, of course!


  1. Actual Timetable. This is what is being used to track my at-home revision in a general manner. For instance, one evening I'll be revising "RS" and "English", whereas the next I'll be revising "History" and "History re-sit". This is to prevent me from doing what I did in the Easter holidays, which was to save all of my English revision to the end so all I can focus on is BOOKS (which, considering my attention span is not very long, wasn't one of my better ideas). This is supplemented by the...
  2. To-Do at Home. For each exam, I have 23 'at home' revision 'sessions'. Therefore, I have assigned 23 revision tasks to each exam, which can be mixed and matched within the above constraints. This means that if one night, if I don't want to make some flashcards on the Ontological Argument, for instance, I can write an essay about religious language and it won't have an impact on the amount of revision I have or have not done according to the list.
  3. To-Do at School. I'm afraid I'm slipping back into my old habits here. This is simply a list of fifty(!) tasks that I wish to complete at school for revision purposes. That equates to two sessions a day, which sounds a lot less scary when it is considered that I don't have a social life/anything to go outside for. This also means I hold myself accountable and can't justify the "oh, but I need a mocha and to gossip about the friendship group who think they're in a series of Skins" moments which I have all-too-regularly (I, my friends, am a product of an all-girls school). However, I have not assigned tasks to each day since I need to be flexible around existing homework and other such commitments. Which means I can already see myself leaving all the English revision to the end. 
So, that's how I'm organising my time up until the exams. In seven and a half weeks my school career will be over for good and if anything it's incredibly strange having no more GCSE/A-Level revision timetables to make. These are the final ones and after the exams I'm FREE (to do more blogging. I hope. I'd imagine so)

No comments:

Post a Comment