Wednesday 17 September 2014

Motivation...Muesday - Colour Coding Priorities

Greetings humans!

When on a quick trip to Sainsbury's the other week, I found these three Frixion highlighters on sale for under £3 and bought them without really thinking about their use. However, I soon created a colour-coded priority system for my to-dos, since I have an awful habit of just copying tasks from day to day without really thinking or getting them done.


It's relatively simple: green means that a task has been copied once ("hello, you should probably do something about me"), yellow means that a task has been copied twice ("hello, you should really do something sooner rather than later"), and pink means that a task has been copied three times ("COME ON HANNAH GET ON WITH IT!").

e-mails galore!
I then get on with my tasks which have already been prioritised; I will complete the pink tasks first, then the yellow and so on. I've found that I don't need any more colours for this, and that I can complete most tasks within three days of putting them off delay. I've not been using it for very long, but so far, so good!

1 comment:

  1. Seems uni's keeping you busy since no new post in here... waiting for some news! I really like following your blog and your instagram!

    ReplyDelete