Monday 5 August 2013

London Haul! (Muji & Artbox)

Greetings humans!

It was my birthday over the weekend, and how better to spend it than going to Covent Garden and buying a few goodies? (I also went to the British Museum's "Life and Death in Pompeii and Herculaneum" exhibition and I saw The Book of Mormon, which is DEFINITELY A THING YOU SHOULD DO)

Firstly, I went to Muji, mostly because I wanted to buy some more erasable pens for my Filofax.



I already have them in light blue, pink, purple and green, so I wanted to add some variety (spice of life, eh?). Unfortunately I couldn't see the dark blue anywhere, so I'll have to pick that up online. I far prefer these over the Pilot Frixion; not only are they cheaper (£2 as opposed to £2.99 in Ryman), but they have a finer point (the Frixions with the same size points are even more expensive) and I just prefer the design. 


I also bought some sticky flags and a six pack of their 0.5mm gel pens in black. I use sticky flags to put either uncertain or future (ie past the current week) events in my Filofax, so I'm not restricted when I decorate any future weeks regarding colour or design. I've heard great things about their gel pens, so I thought I'd give them a go. So far, my handwriting has been far neater with them, which is always a positive!



Finally, I needed a new folder for RS (yes, I'm thinking about back to school already), so I just bought this clear one. It seems far more sturdy than my old WHSmith one, and that took some beating. 

Next I went to Artbox. It's a little hard to find, but that was easily made up for because EVERYTHING THERE WAS SO CUTE. (Unfortunately, this is where the picture quality gets worse - I had to rotate half of these photos because my camera wouldn't change its orientation. Sorry!)



Firstly, I bought some washi tape. It's a simple overlapping circle design and cost £1.99, which is about standard for 10m of it. Is it just me or is the branding reminiscent of Ikea?!




Here are two mini notepads, both from San-X. When turned landscape, they are a little taller than the weekday boxes on a Filofax brand WO2P insert. Each pad comes with one hundred pages, fifty of each design. I'm going to start using them as my weekly to-do lists - the less space I have to write, the less unnecessary pressure I'll put on myself. 


I've seen these memo pads EVERYWHERE and I've wanted to try them out for ages. I noticed that they were a little more expensive in store than online (£2.50 as opposed to £2.40), and that the adhesive isn't particularly strong. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, since if they're only being used temporarily then they'd be thrown away soon (not at that price!) or if they're being used as a permanent diary fixture (that's more like it), a bit of glue or some decorative-yet-functional stickers would do the trick.


Very soon afterwards, I saw this book of sticky notes, which I believe is Artbox's own brand. On each side, there were these phrases:


(The bottom one says "We want to live a happy-go-lucky life")




As the book is initially opened, there are two illustrations and another phrase, this time saying "Please always know that I love you more than anything else in the world. Being with you makes me so happy".


Finally, the notes. There are two full sized, two half sized and five flag-sized patterns, and I estimate there are 25 or so sheets of each design. The adhesive on these notes is miles better than that of the animal ones above.


This is a simple, wide-ish ruled notebook, which I think is around A6 size. I won't show you the inside - I'm sure you know what ruled notepaper looks like. It doesn't have a margin, which is a bit of a disappointment because more often than not my writing starts sloping down the page, but to be honest that really isn't much of a bit deal at all. There is space on the front to write the subject of the notebook on, which I thought was rather handy.


Stickers! I love stickers. All of these were £1.20, apart from the stamp-style ones on the far right which were 99p. For the first two packs I thought this was great value, since there are three sheets in the pack on the far left (entitled "Episode Story") and five on the second one in. The third only had one sheet, but the stickers were metallic which I suppose makes up for it. 



The final thing that I purchased was this Rilakkuma plastic A4 document folder, entitled "Rilakkuma Cafe". I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to use it for yet, perhaps for storing any physical communication regarding UCAS and my university application. 

So, that's what I bought for myself over the weekend. I hope you had fun nosing at my purchases :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment