Wednesday 7 August 2013

How I Organise My Filofax Supplies

Greetings humans!

Today I thought I'd share with you how I organise the supplies I use in my Filofax. Even though this isn't a Filo-specific blog, I decided not to show you my folders/refill pads/pens because they're on shelves/in pen pots respectively and I don't do anything spectacular with those. These supplies, however, are in boxes and stretchy folder things (there I go with those technical terms again), which are infinitely more exciting than shelves, right?


This is the main box in which I keep my bits and bobs - I believe it was bought in a pack of many from Costco. A couple of weeks ago, it was almost empty...and now it's almost full. Oops?


Here's the inside. As you can see, some items are stored loosely, and some are stored in more boxes. Regardless of anything, it's all packed in some kind of warped, 3D, stationery tetris. The loose items include packs of sticky notes and to-do lists, craft papers (for making dividers) and some magnetic bookmarks. 


One of the first storage containers that I use is this Cath Kidston tin. Inside, I keep some mini paper tapes from Paperchase and fashion paperclips from Wilkinson and Tiger.



Then, I have this Really Useful Box. In here are sticky notes, stickers and mini-notepads, sourced from a variety of stores. I used to use a couple of these to store my pens (until my collection went out of control) and they're stackable, which is handy for saving desk space.


Another Box! This was bought in a pack of three from Family Bargains (think 99p stores, Poundland etc), and the lid barely stays on, which is not ideal, even though it sits in a box most of the time. Here are just sticky notes, memo pads and notelets (which I got from The Range's clearance isle - always worth a check). 


I also use Filofaxes and other ring-bound organisers to store stuff. I bought a first edition Flex from Homsense for £7.99 in which I keep stickers and a record of the washi tape I have. In my Paperchase organiser I keep spare inserts, since it was starting to get a bit worn and I don't want it to break with constant use!

Now, not everything fits in my Pink Box of Wonder. I keep sticker sheets and washi tape in separate containers.



Tape! This is a box, about half the size of a shoebox, which I was given for my birthday (it's from Tiger). I just put a bit of washi on the lid to let me know what was in it, just in case I forget(?!)



This is an expanding sticker folder. An expanding folder for my stickers. (Really not much else to say, right?) There is the potential to customise the tabs, but my sticker supply is in constant rotation so it would probably be a waste of time.

I hope you found this post vaguely interesting, and that it may have given you some inspiration as to how to store anything paper-y.

2 comments:

  1. I liked your post :) and i got that expanding sticker holder too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The expanding sticker holder is so useful :) x

      Delete