Sunday 29 December 2013

2013 Favourites


Greetings humans!

I thought I'd share my favourites supplies of 2013! Although I've been using Filofaxes since I was around nine or ten, I've only discovered the online community and the idea of decorating pages with cute stationery this year. Anyhow, let's get to it (and apologies in advance for the photo quality - I'm trying to use natural light in the middle of winter in the UK).

Washi Tape


Although I've mostly been using washi tape to decorate my weekly pages in my Filofax, it's come in handy in many other ways. I've used it to label things, to emphasise the titles of revision (if the mood takes me) and as a pretty alternative to hole reinforcements on paper stored in binders. I heard of it a couple of years ago but only decided to buy some this year - and now I have dozens of rolls! I've also noticed that it's become more widespread, especially when I found some in Sainsbury's this summer.

Muji Gel Pens


Since the quality of Filofax paper is bloody awful somewhat questionable, I am reluctant to use permanent pens since bleed through is one of my least favourite things. However, plans also change, so I don't particularly want to commit myself to them on paper. I bought a few of the Muji erasable pens online in the spring and by the time I visited their Covent Garden store this summer, I'd fallen in love with them. I bought the rest of the colours available (I still need to get a dark blue), and also bought their normal black gel pens in a pack of six; I keep one of them in the rings and use to write on sticky notes, since the ink is more pigmented.

Martha Stewart x Avery Tabs


Sadly, these are now being discontinued, but these note tabs are super strong and durable. Their primary use is in my Filofax where the smaller ones are both top tabs for sub-sections and general dividers; they've been there for at least nine months now and are just as stable as when I first put them in. I've also used these to section off notebooks and my finances folder and, although I've tried, I cannot find any as good as this anywhere else in the UK. (Also, the colours are WONDERFUL).

So, there are some of my favourite stationeries from 2013. There are only two days left now...I wonder what 2014 will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment