Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year, New Setup I

Greetings humans!

Happy new year! I'm definitely looking forward to what 2014 will bring, with a lovely long summer and hopefully the beginnings of my university career! Nevertheless, my first exam is twenty weeks away (AHHH) and so I thought the new year would be a perfect time to exercise a new setup. 

I've moved into my Personal Holborn Zip in Wine (£25 from TKMaxx...what a steal!) since I'm also using it as a wallet and it's super-handy to just grab this when I want to go out. I've got a few ideas for setup posts regarding my other binders, since I can't bear to let them sit alone on the shelf...

Either way, this post is split into two since I don't want it to be ridiculously long. You can find the other post here.

The first part of my planner is my dashboard. This consists of a top-opening transparent pocket (for those loose sheets of paper that would otherwise have gone in my pockets that are now used for cash [and plenty of stickers and sticky notes, of course]) and a sheet of decorative paper. On here I stick any shopping lists/un-shopping lists in the case of washi tape, or any other reminders that I can't put into the right section straight away.



After this, my 'academic' section. Each section is divided with an piece of decorative paper (courtesy of Tiger) and a decorated Martha Stewart x Avery tab. This consists of my timetable, a free rooms timetable (in case I want to escape other humans in my free periods), and the tabs I use to keep track of my homework and revision.



The second section is where I keep spare to-dos and notepaper. Pretty self-explanatory, really.



Then, my 'information' section. This is where I put my registration sheet as well as all of the other information that comes with a Filofax planner. This has surprisingly come in useful, especially the 'Religious Holidays' page. I also keep a tube map there in case I visit London again via public transport.



The fourth section is my 'projects' section. Here I hold notes for any ongoing projects; right now I only really have some admin stuff for the school play which is taking place in February (AHHH again). Aside from that, and a potential list of blog post ideas, it's rather empty.



So, that's part one of my Filofax setup for 2014. You can find the second post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment