Sunday 2 February 2014

January Favourites

Greetings humans!

I seriously can't believe how quickly this month has passed - it's a times like this I wish that I had a different mindset to "well that's one less month until the exams, Hannah, HOW MUCH REVISION ARE YOU DOING? IS IT ENOUGH? I DON'T THINK IT'S ENOUGH!".

Anyhow, I thought this year I'd do a little write up of some of my favourite things, stationery related and otherwise, at the end of every month. I've split it up into three categories: stationery, books and music.

Lamy Safari Fountain Pen





This has been the first time for about five years that I've used a fountain pen regularly for schoolwork and essay-writing. The pen has stood the test of being thrown about (when in my pencil case), dropped onto the floor and my anger when I struggle to pierce a new ink cartridge. It writes well considering the fine nib and the ink flow is superb.

Feminist Theology by Natalie K. Watson



You may or may not be aware by now that I'm planning on studying Theology at uni. I received this book for Christmas from my long-suffering parents (honestly, I can go on about this stuff a lot), and since it's quite short I thought I'd get on with reading it before the end of the January. This introductory text opened my eyes to quite a few issues that I hadn't considered before, such as whether Jesus being male has an impact on salvation for women, and how one of the standards for women being presented in the Bible (the Virgin Mary) is one impossible to achieve. I don't really have opinions on these issues yet (I'm only seventeen, the only thing it's safe to say is that I know next to nothing at all about All The Things), but I'm certainly looking forward to applying some of the issues raised to my consequent theological studies. 

Cavalier Youth - You Me At Six


This month, You Me At Six released their long-awaited fourth album, with their last released in 2011. I've been a fan of them since I was thirteen, and I eagerly anticipated this album since I wasn't...really...a...fan...of...the...last *hides from rocks being thrown by fangirls*, and I wasn't disappointed. It's a well-crafted album which is a clear development from everything they've done before, and it makes fabulous revision music.


No comments:

Post a Comment