Saturday 17 August 2013

Where to Buy Fabulous Stationery in the UK

Greetings humans! In case you haven't guessed yet, I like stationery a little more than it is socially acceptable to (but when has that ever stopped me?). When the internet bombards me with photos of WONDERFUL stationery, I've now come to accept that it's probably from Target or Daiso or a small family-run business about 5000 miles away. However, I've found some fab stationery and other Filofax/crafty supplies in a couple of unexpected places, and I thought it'd be a good idea to share these with you.

Waterstone's
A bookshop in which I spend far too much time as it is, I discovered whilst looking at their (admittedly overpriced) Knock Knock sticky notes that they also sold washi tape. Priced (far more reasonably) at £1.99, the selection was hardly extensive, but nevertheless I purchased a blue and pink floral tape which is of surprisingly good quality.

Tiger
A Danish retailer which many of my friends describe as "Ikea without the furniture". They sell a great deal of merchandise, from tea lights to tweezers, from mugs to, of course, stationery. Products I have bought from them include novelty paperclips, washi tapes, pens and sticky notes. They're also mostly inexpensive, from several-for-£1 offers to about £10.

Supermarkets
Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda. Morrison's occasionally (rarely) have some good stationery, but I've found great stuff in the first two stores I mentioned. I'd say the price was about middle-of-the-range for stationery (£1.99-£2.99 for an A5 notebook), although Tesco go CRAZY with their back-to-school sale around late August/early September time.

That's it for now, folks! I'll update this post when I find more exciting shops to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment