Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year, New Setup II

Greetings humans!

Welcome to part two of my posts regarding the setup of my Personal Holborn Zip. Let's jump right into it! (And if you haven't read part one, you can find it here).

The fifth section in my Filofax contains the first of my calendars - my month on two pages. I have hand-drawn these myself, since I couldn't find any inserts, and of course as soon as I'd finished I found some printed inserts online *facepalm*. I use coloured dots here to make note of any important deadlines or events etc.



After this is my Week on One Page Diary. This came with the Holborn, and I am using this to keep track of deadlines regarding any homework I need to do (on the left of the line is when it's set, on the right is when it's due). It may seem like overkill when I also have a homework list in the front of the planner (if you think this is overkill, I'll warn you now - I have two other diaries in this planner), but I've filled out what's due for the first week back already and I've got a feeling this is going to work out. Of course, it's colour coded according to subject.



My Week on Two Pages diary is in the seventh section. Here I jot down anything important, such as major deadlines, revision planning etc, just so I can see it on a larger scale. These are the only other pages, aside from the monthly pages, that I decorate. I also keep a to-do sheet in the middle of these two pages so I can keep on task with the goals I have for the entire week.

Before I had my DPP, I was using a WO2P for all of my daily to-dos, too.

Finally, my Day Per Page diary. I use this to track exactly where my time is going. The left hand side is strictly for appointments and time-specific things only, whereas the right is for to-do/notes. So for instance, if I'm set homework during a lesson, I'll write it next to that time block. I then go to where the deadline is and write a note telling me that that piece of homework is due then. For my free periods and after school (I appreciate I'm talking about an academic setting here, but that is all I really do with my life at the moment), I plan what I want to do when on the right hand side. Furthermore, especially on weekends, I will plan what I want to do on the right hand side and then map how much time I actually spent on it on the left hand side. The time blocks on school days are all colour coded according to subject.




















Thank you for reading if you've got this far! I wish you a happy and prosperous new year and all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment