Saturday 22 February 2014

*grumble grumble* Student Finance & other such concerns *grumble grumble*

Greetings humans!



So, with uni starting in approximately seven months (yes, really), Student Finance is something running through the minds of myself and most of my friends. Although the process of applying for it seems a little less painful than it has been in previous years, it still begs the question: will I have enough to live on? And then I've got a £40,000+ (not including interest) loan to pay off at the end of it.

Budgeting is something that I'm absolutely terrified about. I think of myself as reasonably controlled with my spending (unless I'm within a 50ft range of a Ryman), but there are so many other expenses I need to think about. Food. Laundry. Travel. Will I have enough money for the bus? What about being able to wash my clothes? I've been used to bus passes and a washing machine which isn't coin-operated, in the comfort of my own home.

Independent living is calling (although it's questionable as to how independent living in halls is); half the time I'm dreading it, but half the time I'm sure I'll love it...right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I struggle with money, but I don't get a great loan to begin with. That said, you learn to live the student life and scrimp on things you never would have thought of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor do I; I'm not even sure if mine covers accommodation! I've been doing a bit of digging and it is amazing how many discounts you can get or how long you can make something last - I guess it's just a matter of practice and learning when and how to apply it!

      Delete